Beechwood vs Milton: Match Report

It is a busy time for Beechwood Albion in the Stirling Amateur Summer League competition, writes Tom Scott.

Many thanks to Secretary Cammy Fairweather for the following comprehensive round-up.

Match report for Beechwood vs Milton. Content from Cammy Fairweather.

Albion play Doune Castle tonight 7pm kick off away from home.

Beechwood 3, Milton Ams 3.

Michael Easton ⚽️⚽️
Kyle Wishart ⚽️

MOTM – Kyle Wishart.

Beechwood welcomed Milton on a hot afternoon at Clark Street in the first game of the Summer League hosted by Cambusbarron Rovers.

Coach Tam Dudgeon tweaked the shape a little, it was Milton who started the livelier with a few chances coming their way, and it was the away team who took the lead, a foul inside the Beechwood box gave the Milton captain a chance to slot home from the penalty spot, and he did so into the bottom left corner.

Beechwood equalised almost instantly, the ball broke to Kyle Wishart around 30 yards from goal, he drove forward and struck the ball and it dipped over Milton keeper Ronan Fallens and into the top corner from 25 yards.


Beechwood had their tails up and suckered Milton with a second shortly after, a through ball was intercepted by the Milton centre back only to see his attempted clearance bounce of captain Michael Easton.

Gizzy who was now through on goal, calmly slotted under Fallens and made it 2-1 to Beechwood.

The next ten minute was back and forth with Milton looking to equalise, a great midfield battle between Beechwood’s James Ronald and Milton’s Callum Mcdonald was great to watch.

Milton found their equaliser just before halftime. Their player was played through and slotted past Ben Innes.


The second half started with Milton on top but nothing Beechwood could not handle the ever-present Jacob Withers along with centre halfs Davie Little and Ben McLauchlan kept them at bay.

Milton took the lead on 52 minutes, when their winger cut back for the striker to poke him past Ben again, a dubious goal as Albion thought they had caught the winger offside.

The game changed on 60 minutes, Kieran Sneddon broke into the box and cut back onto his left only for keeper Fallens to clear him out from behind, a penalty was given, in the aftermath of the foul, Fallens was apparently – according to the report from Cammy Fairweather – sent off for foul and abusive language towards the referee.

After a long wait, Gizzy stepped up but unfortunately missed his spot kick.

This didnt deter Beechy however, and shortly after they deservedly equalised. Kyle Wishart released a ball down the right which found Gizzy. He calmly cut back onto his left and found the bottom left corner past the substitute Milton keeper.

Beechwood pressed and pressured the 10 men but couldn’t find their way through.

The game finished 3-3, a fantastic game all round which left the boys disappointed, but their efforts were there to see by all.

A good result in the end, but it shows how far Beechwood have come as a club when the boys are disappointed after a draw against a decent Milton side.

Cammy added: “We move onto Wednesday night, when we travel to Moray Park to face Doune Castle in our second game.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.