Through in the East of Scotland area (LEAFA) today for my latest Big Player Interview Series, writes Tom Scott. Questions posed and Answered with great assurance from a player sitting in the Scottish Amateur Cup Semi-Finals. Hopefully, those games can still be completed.
1. Name and position played at Tollcross Thistle?
“Philip Blaney – Centre Back.”
2. What was the attraction about joining Tollcross Thistle?
“The success that I saw Tollcross have, and the success players have had with getting into Scotland squads.”
3. What are the team objectives short and long term?
“Short-term goals are win Scottish Cup Semi-Final (if played), and beat each team we come up against, and long-term goals are winning every League and Cup competition we enter.”
4. What are your personal objectives for the team?
“Personal objectives are to play well each week, win Leagues and Cups, and hopefully make the Scotland set up”
5. Best player you have played with and against?
“Best player played with – Craig Thomson at Edinburgh City, and best player played against – Kris Ajer.”
6. What is the best prank or wind-up you have seen at football?
“The old one of telling someone to wear a Shirt and Tie, when no one else is – always a good one.”
7. Give us an insight on Management style of Alan McKay and Sean Cobain?
“Management styles are firm but fair. If the team’s having a poor game, then they aren’t afraid to tell us, but also praise us when we’re having good games. Also, they go into detail about team structures and phases of play, which help the team on a Saturday.”
8. If you could sign a player from a fellow Amateur side to boost your squad, who would it be?